[Seaside] sending emails

Ching de la Serna ching.dls at gmail.com
Fri Jan 4 06:47:48 UTC 2008

On Jan 4, 2008 12:02 PM, Ramon Leon <ramon.leon at allresnet.com> wrote:

> > Hi Seaside,
> >
> > Can anyone enlighten me on how to send emails
> > programmatically from Squeak? Is there a mail server in
> > Squeak that can be used for this purpose as opposed to a
> > stand-alone third-party mail server?
> >
> > Many thanks in advance.
> >
> > Ching
>
> Call MailSender setSmtpServer and configure your smtp host, then use
> something like this...
>
> SeasidePlatformSupport
>        deliverMailFrom: 'some.from at address.com'
>        to: {'bla at bla.com'. 'foo at bar.com'}
>        text: (String streamContents: [:s |
>                nextPutAll: 'Subject: ' ;
>                nextPutAll: 'Your Subject' ;
>                cr ;
>                nextPutAll: 'Content-type:' ;
>                nextPutAll: 'text/html' ; "or text/plain"
>                cr ; cr ;
>                nextPutAll: 'Bla Bla Bla' ])

Thanks Ramon,
I am currently downloading the new Seaside one-click experience because I
have way too much junk in my old Squeak image I don't know what works
anymore. I will surely try  out  this code.

Do I need some sort of login/authentication code to access my mail server
at: 'some.from at address.com'?