[Seaside] ProtoCorner (Rounded Corner) in Seaside ?

Rajeev Lochan lochan94 at gmail.com
Sat Jan 5 01:42:14 UTC 2008

Hi Amos,
After a good number of tries, finally I got something working. I followed

http://www.redmelon.net/tstme/4corners/

and it does work with 4 images (corners) and CSS. For time being its working
great !!!

I have read through blogs/forums etc that CSS-3 has an attribute for radius
of border. So that would give a big relief.

Thanks & Regards,
Rajeev

On Jan 5, 2008 7:07 AM, Amos <aaamos at gmail.com> wrote:

> Like I said, it's a pure CSS solution - one shouldn't expect much from
> IE when it comes to CSS support ;-) (it needs a browser that supports
> the CSS pseudoelements :before and :after).
>
> I guess it depends on what you're after, really. I don't think there's
> a single perfect solution, but personally, I'd rather have a
> standards-compliant solution that works in standards-compliant
> browsers (and will still work in those browsers 10 years from now as
> well as in IE when it has finally caught up with the standards) than
> using a collection of hacks to work around the individual browser
> quirks that will fall over as soon as browser bugs are fixed. Sadly,
> of course, client demands (such as "it has to work in IE, that's the
> main thing") take that liberty away from the web devs all too often.
>
> On 1/4/08, Rajeev Lochan <lochan94 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > Thanks Amos,
> > The link you sent me doesnt seem to work for IE 6 or IE7. Is there any
> other
> > tested way for Seaside apps.
> >
> > Regards,
> > Rajeev

> have

> > > If you're just after rounded corners, the most elegant pure CSS
> > > approach I've seen is still Virtuelvis' one:
> > > http://virtuelvis.com/gallery/css/rounded/
> > >
> > > Obviously, the nurey stuff seems able to do a lot more than just
> > > rounded corners, and if you want the effects to be shown based on some
> > > events, then you need JavaScript, not CSS. Just beware that the
> > > effects seem to be mainly tested in FF and most don't work in Opera
> > > due to JavaScript errors - not sure about Safari.
> > >

> > --
> > Rajeev Lochan
> >
> > Co-founder, AR-CAD.com
> >
> > http://www.ar-cad.com