[Seaside] Component granularity & numbers

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Sat Jan 5 06:13:30 UTC 2008

Is it reasonable to have one component for every appearance of any domain
model object on the page (could be hundreds, many of them being presented
just as very summarized names without their details) plus one component for
every control (menu etc.)?

Are there drawbacks to explicitly giving IDs to the corresponding top-level
html elements corresponding to these components?

Seems clean, but I would like some general design guidance. Should I instead
have some components traverse & present from multiple levels of the domain
model without creating children components to do that work, and what might
be my criteria to decide?

Thanks - Sophie