[Seaside] Learning Squeak class syntax

stephane ducasse stephane.ducasse at free.fr
Sat Jan 5 21:49:33 UTC 2008

On 5 janv. 08, at 22:15, Keith Roberts wrote:

> Been checking those out thankyou Stephane.
>
> Will we be getting the whole of the
> Design-Patterns-Smalltalk-Companion book added to the free library
> as well?

As soon as it is out of print. :)
Buy it this is a really really cool book. It is worth the money.
I try to get best Smalltalk practices but kent kick some people at
his editor and we get new printed versions :)

> I really like 'The Art & Science of Smalltalk'. I have noticed some
> errors in the PDF version of the book.

If I remember correctly these are scanned files so this is difficult
to do anything with them.
If you have some errors we could had an errata file.

> Is there any way to edit a PDF file, to correct those errors? I
> would also like to edit Smalltalk By Example, as I have to do alot
> of horizontal scrolling in that book.

Smalltalk by example was a nightmare in word. It was crashing **a
lot** and lukas got more luck than me and succeeded to produce
something.
Now tell us what you need from that book that we work on it for
volume 2 of Squeak by example.