[Seaside] sending emails

Tom Phoenix rootbeer at redcat.com
Sun Jan 6 17:12:00 UTC 2008

On Jan 6, 2008 5:14 AM, Ching de la Serna <ching.dls at gmail.com> wrote:

> I evaluated the following code suggested :
> username:= 'userName'.
> password:='passWord'.
> client := SMTPClient openOnHostNamed: 'mail.mydomain.com ' port: 25.
> client user: username; password: password; login; initiateSession.
> client mailFrom: 'admin at mydomain.com';
>      recipient: ' admin at myotherdomain.com';
>      data:
> 'Subject: Hello from SMTPClient!
> From: admin at mydomain.com
> To: admn at myotherdomain.com
> Sending from SMTPClient!'.
> client quit.
> and I got the following response from the mail server on mydomain.com:
>     '503 AUTH command used when not advertised'

I hope you didn't really bother the nice people at mydomain.com. You
did use your own SMTP server, didn't you?

Does it matter to you that messages such as #initiateSession are
listed only in the "private protocol"? The "public protocol" includes

Have you tried stepping through your code to see what step it was
trying to do when it got that message?

Good luck with it!

--Tom Phoenix