[Seaside] Re: Scripaculous toggle

Esteban A. Maringolo emaringolo at gmail.com
Mon Jan 7 15:34:13 UTC 2008

Hi Lukas.

On Jan 7, 2008 11:25 AM, Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com> wrote:
> > > It's not the best solution, i think (component is updated even when
> > > hidding), but works... :)
> >
> > It is possible to make a XHR with no answer? I'm not interested in the
> > response content, by now SURequest does the job,
>
> HTTP always expects an answer for a request, this is the same for XHR.
> Since XHR is asynchronous and since SURequest does not associate any
> JavaScript handlers any data coming back is just ignored.

What I want is the data coming back be small as possible.

> > but answers a lot of
> > content (mostly html headers). What is the specific class of the
> > technique to achieve this objective?
>
> What content? There is something wrong with you setup.
>
> In Squeak with Kom it answers:
>       HTTP/1.1 200 OK
>       Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 15:17:41 GMT
>       Connection: close
>       Server: Comanche/6.2 (Mac OS)
>       Cache-Control: no-cache

According to FireBug's XHR inspector ("Net" tool), this is the HTTP
response header for my request:

Server:	Swazoo 2.0 Smalltalk Web Server
Cache-Control: no-cache
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 13:27:55 GMT

But in that response, the size reported by FireBug is 4kb, even when
the HTTP header says zero, and the "Response" tab in that request,
shows a lot of content (that 4kb).

> A few fields could be removed for sure, but otherwise and as far as I
> know this is sort of a minimal valid response.

I'm not obsessed with the HTTP headers, but I am looking how to reduce
the HTML content.

Thank you.

Regards,

--