[Seaside] Re: Task Escape

Zulq Alam me at zulq.net
Thu Jan 10 14:47:46 UTC 2008

Thanks Keith.

I'll be honest, the message eating null pattern gives me the fear. Just
the name sounds apocalyptic to me. :)

In this case, I suppose, it's like the state pattern where each step
returns the current state?

More explicitly this might be:

MyTask>>#cancel
     state := MessageEater new

MyTask>>#go
     state := self.
     state stepOne.
     state stepTwo.

MessageEater>>doesNotUnderstand: aMessage
     " Yum "
     ^ self

Presumably you could have additional states, although not sure what
these would be in this abstract example.

Thanks,
Zulq.