[Seaside] Combating a possible DoS attack.

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Fri Jan 11 21:11:09 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Nevin" == Nevin Pratt <nevin at bountifulbaby.com> writes:

Nevin> The following code, if inserted into the initial Seaside processing, I
Nevin> would think *should* help guard against a DoS attack.  In this example,
Nevin> 'MemCheckCounter' is a class variable.  I thought I would post this to
Nevin> see what comments (if any) it generates.

Well, you're trading one kind of DoS for another.  Now someone can
pound on you, and trigger you to reset every continuation, and ruin
everyone's day anyway.

What you need is a bit more smarts... someone coming in from the same
IP for example... a bit harder to fake.