[Seaside] Millions of Associations blowing up RAM

Frank Berger frank.berger.software at web.de
Mon Jan 14 10:07:11 UTC 2008

Lukas,

thank you for your very quick response. I have to investigate the answers and that will take a bit of time as I had to take over this project from somebody else. I come back with answers ASAP.

Best regards
Frank

> Currently, I am having massive problems with memory growth and through this with performance. After making some tests for about 15 minutes as a single browser user my image grows by about 40 MB to some 140 MB or more, which is mainly caused by some 1.800.000 or more instances of Association, which alone consume about 37 MB.

This is not normal. There seems to be a problem in your code.

- How many objects do you register for backtracking?

- How many components do you have on one page?

- Are you sure not to re-instantiate components on every render pass?

- How many callbacks does an average page defines?

Lukas