[Seaside] Problems with #urlOf: moving to 2.8

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jan 15 19:37:28 UTC 2008

2008/1/15, William Hubbard <billhubard at gmail.com>:
> Hello list. My application is unable to load the css defined into a custom
> library class (I'm updating from 2.7 to 2.8). This is what I did: Subclassed
> WAFileLibrary with WASCAppFileLibrary, setting the #registerAsApplication
> properly and then wrote
>
> updateRoot: anHtmlRoot
>     super updateRoot: anHtmlRoot.
>     Notifier isDevelopment                         "assume
> this is true always"
>       ifTrue: [ anHtmlRoot stylesheet url: self class / #localCss ]
>       ifFalse: [ anHtmlRoot stylesheet
> url:'http://www.scexapp.com/styles/myStyle.css ' asURI ]

Is there a reason for #asURI? This is Cincom specific, we do not
support that. In general I would put such logic in your root component
class and not your file library class.

> localCss
>     "Returns a CSS stylesheet associated with this component."
>
>     self halt.
>     ^ ' .... '
>
> The page loads ok, but not the CSS. The halt is never reached, there's no
> dnu nor firebug tell me nothing at all. I saved the output and compared with
> the old version (SS 2.7) which works fine since it sets css scripts with
> #addHeadElement: but that api is unsupported now in SS 2.8.
> So I'm stuck here, I'm forgetting something? how can I debug this? where
> would be called effectively the localCss method?

If you go to

http://127.0.0.1:8080/seaisde/files/MyFileLibrary/local.css

You might have to adjust that, eg. change port or add /go depending on
your setup.

Cheers
Philippe