[Seaside] website, upload and PostgreSQL

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Sat Jan 19 09:07:07 UTC 2008

2008/1/18, Oleg Korsak <kamikaze.is.waiting.you at gmail.com>:
> Hello! Maybe this is wrong place to ask my question but I'll try ;)
> So I need to create a simple web portal with ability to upload files (not
> into the image file, but on the disk),
> and get a connection to the PostgreSQL database.
>
> 1) Which packages do I need to have for PostgreSQL? For example I need to
> have a forum with much records...

You need the PostgreSQL Client (V2). If you want MD5 hash
authentication you'll need to load the Cryptography package first from
SqueakMap.

You can get the PostgreS driver via Monticello from:

MCHttpRepository
    location: 'http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV2'
    user: ''
    password: ''

If you have some load you'll want to look into making PGConnection >>
#buildDefaultFieldConverters thread safe.

Follow the wiki on http://www.squeaksource.com/PostgresV2.html

> 3) How can I do file uploadings to HDD, and not to the image?

http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-August/013708.html
http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/seaside/2007-August/013768.html

This is unsupported (mainly because it's not portable). Depending on
the size and amount of you uploads, you might want to consider
implementing this part in something more robust like PHP.

Cheers
Philippe