[Seaside] Re: Re: #children and Ajax

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Tue Jan 22 19:44:10 UTC 2008

"Sebastian Sastre" <ssastre at seaswork.com> wrote
> And how your #basicRenderOn: works?

Most of my #renderContentOn: look something like this to enable replacement:

C>>renderContentOn: html
    | id |
    html div
        id: (id := html nextId);
        with: [self basicRenderOn: html optionallyWithId: id]

C>>basicRenderOn: html
    children do: [:each | html render each]

> I do something similar without problems (add and remove dynamically
> components N times.

That's good to know. It means I am more likely doing something incorrectly.

> You allways add only? I ask because the remove is more
> likely to bring that kind of trouble

I do both adds and removes. The failure occurs in a sequence of just adds;
perhaps an earlier remove may be causing it?

Thanks,

Sophie