[Seaside] self call: not working

John Thornborrow john at pinesoft.co.uk
Fri Jan 25 13:02:20 UTC 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to use #call: but it's not working as expected.

renderContentOn: html
	| answer |
	answer := self call: (MyComponent new).
	"do other stuff with answer .."

Another (and simple) example:

renderContentOn: html
  self inform: 'foobar'

both render blank pages. Is this something I've configured incorrectly
somewhere, or is there a bug? (Originally occured with
Seaside-2.8a1-pmm.476, just tested with Seaside-2.8a1-tbn.539)

I've created a new component and left everything in /config as default.

Regards,
John.

Pinesoft Computers are registered in England, Registered number: 2914825. Registered office: 266-268 High Street, Waltham Cross, Herts, EN8 7EA