[Seaside] Brush or Component?

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Wed Jan 30 21:29:11 UTC 2008

> For some simple "elements" such this, the frontier between
> using a brush or a component is fuzzy to me[*].
> In this case, using a brush makes it easier to reuse inside a
> magritte editor component, stand alone, or inside another component.

Maybe it works (I mean in term of development costs here) when using
magritte I really can't say.

> Am I thinking too much MVC/MVP in Seaside?

No more than me ;) and happily I'm reusing components/code agresively
because of that.

> Best regards,
>
> [*] I know you worked with Dolphin Smalltalk, and it is like
> the ambiguity between a Presenter or a ValuePresenter, or
> even on defining a new view class or compose a new view
> resource. This is until you really understand the MVP approach.
>
> --
> Esteban A. Maringolo
> eMaringolo at gmail.com

It's curios you mention that, in fact I'm using value models in some value
presenters that are a seaside kind of component I've made to mimic the
Dolphin's way. It's very cool be able to do that.

	cheers,

Sebastian