[Seaside] [SeasideXUL] Application in apprunner vs firefox

Pavel Krivanek squeak3 at continentalbrno.cz
Tue Jul 8 06:38:58 UTC 2008

Hi Milan,

remotre XUL applications (in plain Firefox) have many security restrictions
(they cannot open new windows, use rich editors, have some clipboard
restrictions etc.). That's why OBSeasideXUL must be started in XULRunner
with special application configuration that avoids this limitations.
You can run XULRunner applications in Firefox3 instead of XULRunner but you
must use the startup argument -app with path to the application
configuration *.ini file. It doesn't work in Firefox2.

Cheers,
-- Pavel