[Seaside] Encoding question

Lautaro Fernández evaklo at gmail.com
Tue Jul 8 13:12:53 UTC 2008

Hi Andrés, list,
I've found the "root" of problem.

If you look into the message "WAResponse(class)>>defaultValueForCharSet" you
will see that always return 'UTF-8', but in my case, the VisualWorksNC image
is encoding in  #'Windows-1252', so for that reason I couldn't see the
accentuated characters properly.

The fix is to override "WAResponse(class)>>defaultValueForCharSet" as
follow:
WAResponse(class)>>defaultValueForCharSet
    ^Locale current defaultEncoding "this will return the actual image's
encoding"

Hope this helps,
Lautaro Fernández

2008/6/7 Andres Fortier <andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar>:

> Ok, thank you very much for the pointers!
>
> Cheers,
>             Andrés
>
> Philippe Marschall escribió:
>
>  2008/6/6 Andres Fortier <andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar>:
>>
>>> [snip]

>>> That's what I supposed too, but it seems something is getting lost
>>> somewhere.
>>>

>> I can tell you where it should happen. When the String is written to
>> the WAResponse instance the stream instance variable should be an
>> EncodedStream that does the encoding. Some time later someone should
>> send #contents to the WAResponse instance it should return the encoded
>> string.
>>
>> But that solves only the part for the response and not for the request.
>>
>> Cheers
>> Philippe

Luke LAut SkyFernadezWalker