[Seaside] Design question
BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 9 21:44:51 UTC 2008
I appear to have file uploads working, and am now trying to make it
meaningful. The flow is something like the following:
* anchor/button starts upload process
* user saves a file locally, then invokes the upload form
* user includes text for a BibTeX entry in a separate field
* the system proposes an altered entry with additional fields
and lets the user preview/edit it.
* user finally accepts/saves the result into the server's
copy of the data (articles and BibTeX database).
I have probably used too many components, but my question surrounds
"the" upload component. There is a need to loop until things are
correct, and I am wondering whether I should use one component with
conditionally-rendered sub-components (e.g., once a file has been
uploaded, stop asking for it), or if I should use another component
class(es) for the subsequent steps?
I hope that's clear to you - I'm not sure I understand it :)
Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology
PO Box 100254
Gainesville, FL 32610-0254
Email: bschwab at anest.ufl.edu
Tel: (352) 846-1285
FAX: (352) 392-7029
More information about the seaside