[Seaside] Design question

Bill Schwab BSchwab at anest.ufl.edu
Wed Jul 9 21:44:51 UTC 2008

Hello all,

I appear to have file uploads working, and am now trying to make it
meaningful.  The flow is something like the following:

 * anchor/button starts upload process
 * user saves a file locally, then invokes the upload form
 * user includes text for a BibTeX entry in a separate field
 * the system proposes an altered entry with additional fields
    and lets the user preview/edit it.
 * user finally accepts/saves the result into the server's
    copy of the data (articles and BibTeX database).

I have probably used too many components, but my question surrounds
"the" upload component.  There is a need to loop until things are
correct, and I am wondering whether I should use one component with
conditionally-rendered sub-components (e.g., once a file has been
uploaded, stop asking for it), or if I should use another component
class(es) for the subsequent steps?

I hope that's clear to you - I'm not sure I understand it :)

Bill

Wilhelm K. Schwab, Ph.D.
University of Florida
Department of Anesthesiology