[Seaside] Scriptaculous - using the #toggleAppear effect

SainTiss saintiss at gmx.net
Thu Jul 10 15:06:37 UTC 2008

Hi,

It's something along the lines of:

html div
     id: 'artistInfo'; style: 'display:none';
     with: [html render: self artistView].

i.e. some inline CSS code. I'm not sure whether it would still work if you
would add the display:none to your global CSS file, as that might prevent it
from ever showing.

Cheers,

Hans

On Thursday 10 July 2008 16:53:26 Squeaker wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I would like to use the Scriptaculous effect #toggleAppear but I want to
> have the object to be toggled to be initially not visible. Then when the
> user clicks on the link, the toggle appears.
>
> The code is have looks like this:
>
> html anchor
>     onClick: (html effect id: 'artistInfo';
>                perform: #toggleAppear);
>     with: 'Artist Info'.
>
> html div
>     id: 'artistInfo';
>     with: [html render: self artistView].
>

> Is there a way to have the 'artistInfo' be initially not visible?
>
> Thanks for your help,
> Frank

A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment
  -- Willis Player

Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)
http://www.win.ua.ac.be/~hschipp/
Formal Techniques in Software Engineering (FoTS)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen - Belgium
Phone: +32 3 265 37 88