[Seaside] About Seaside 3.0

Piero Sartini lists at pierosartini.de
Sun Jul 13 03:01:49 UTC 2008

Am Sonntag, 13. Juli 2008 04:24:30 schrieb Ramon Leon:
> Is it really worth all that effort to avoid this tiny little config file
> and avoiding using one of the most solid, stable, and powerful tools
> available to you?

Apache rewriting is no nice solution. For example, you can't get the client
certificate in your application. Performance is bad. And I think the client
IP is lost as well (but not sure with that...)

People had the same problem using Java containers and came up with AJP:

Maybe its possible to implement this in smalltalk? There is good support in
apache and lighttpd, including load balancing and things like that.