[Seaside] [SeasideXUL] - refresh works in Firefox browser but not when run as "firefox -app app.ini"

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Sun Jul 13 01:21:34 UTC 2008

On 2008 July 10, Milan Zimmermann wrote:
> Hi Pavel,
>
> I am experiencing behavior that is opposite to the higher security settings
> when running remote XUL apps from the browser (compared to firefox -app or
> xulrunner).
>
> A piece of code in my "demo" app is running a search, fills a component
> with data and then invokes "parentSearchResultComp refresh" to should data
> found. This works in plain firefox browser (both 2 and 3), the refreshed
> with data is shown. However, when run either from XULrunner 1.9 or "firefox
> -app", the refresh does not do anything. Debugging through it, it appears
> everything is correct, the new component is rendered, the new data are
> rendered, but nothing shows on the client window.

Half-answering to myself here, it appears the problem is in the way the
overlay attaches the "main.xul to http://.../MySeasideApp" . For a reason I
do not fully understand yet, any response that follows seems to end up in
MySeasideApp. However, when I make my "example app" another item on the
PeriodicElementTable, all works as expected, so I am running my example app
that way. Anyway, just wanted to mention this does not have anything to do
with security as I thought.

> I guess I have a question whether you noticed something like this. Also, is
> there a good way to debug this, for example show a javascript console in
> xulrunner or firefox -app, and/or somehow look at what is going back to the
> client.

Trying to find a way to run a javascript debugger in xulrunner.  seems a bit
deserted in that area.

Milan