[Seaside] Re: Re: Processing callbacks on scriptaculous forms

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Fri Jul 18 16:21:53 UTC 2008

"Lukas Renggli" <renggli at gmail.com> wrote

>>  To me this was a surprising limitation on Ajax usage in 2.8. I'm holding
>> my
>>  fingers crossed that 2.9 has this solved but have not seen anything
>>  definitive about it.
>>
>> http://www.nabble.com/WAPresenter%3E%3EprocessCallbackStream%3A-aCallbackStream-to16691453.html#a17084726
>
> This is fixed in Seaside 2.9 for quite a while now.

Great!!

Is it ok in 2.9 for any component processing its Ajax callback to (a) cause
component structure adds/deletes/changes in distant components, and (b)
selectively call distant (re)rendering methods?

Any different protocols to be used (like the one you added as a workaround
in 2.8)? Is it OK to start using 2.9 at this point?

Thanks - Sophie