[Seaside] OSCON "contest"

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Tue Jul 22 19:53:40 UTC 2008

- Thumbs up for Magritte and Pier parser
- Autoaccessors of magritte would probably a good idea but I don't
know if they work with Gemstone. If not use the Refactoring Browser to
generate them. I don't know how eager people are to write accessors.
- Speaking of RB, maybe you could introduce some problem an fix it with RB? ;-)
- Do you need MACommandColumnEx and MACommand? Could you get away
without them even if it makes the code less obvious (not everything
about Rails is obvious). Given that the code is not longer.

something like:

 (MACommandColumn new
			addCommand: [ :item | self view: item ] text: 'Show';
			yourself)

instead of:

(MACommand new
			callback: [:item | self view: item];
			with: 'Show';
			yourself)

- Are you prepared to make courses first class objects?
- Nice looking examples are important. Search a good, nonobstruvise
CSS. Ideally you can just wrap a decoration around your root component
that takes care of this. Doesn't need to be fancy. Something like YAML
or blue print CSS could work. Or steal the Rails CSS or something ;-)

URL handling (so messy it deserves its own section)
- that's probably the part I would drop first when running short on time
- your URL parsing looks a bit hairier than usual
- only if you have free time consider playing around with #updateRool:
and add to path
- storing the path from #initialRequest: in an instance variable is
not a good idea

Cheers
Philippe