[Seaside] with: takes block vs string

SainTiss saintiss at gmx.net
Wed Jul 23 12:00:02 UTC 2008

In that case, how come:

html script with: [html text: 'testing']

renders:

<script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/[] in
STAAMenuComponent>>renderContentOn: {[html text: 'testing']}/*]]>*/</script>

while html script with: 'testing'

renders:

<script type="text/javascript">/*<![CDATA[*/testing/*]]>*/</script>

?
This is what I mean by the script tag expecting a string. Sure, you can pass
it a block, but the block won't be evaluated as I would like it to be.

Or did I misunderstand you?

Thanks,

Hans

--
A liberal is a person whose interests aren't at stake at the moment
  -- Willis Player

Hans Schippers
Research Assistant of the Research Foundation - Flanders (FWO - Vlaanderen)
http://www.win.ua.ac.be/~hschipp/
Formal Techniques in Software Engineering (FoTS)
University of Antwerp
Middelheimlaan 1
2020 Antwerpen - Belgium
Phone: +32 3 265 37 88