[Seaside] with: takes block vs string

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Jul 23 16:25:48 UTC 2008

2008/7/23 SainTiss <saintiss at gmx.net>:
> Hi all,
>
> I might be missing something here, but it's confusing to see that the with:
> message sometimes expects a string, and sometimes a block, depending on which
> tag/brush the message is sent to.
>
> For example, html script with: expects a string, while html div with: expects
> a block.
>
> What's the rationale behind this?

That's tricky, like for most tricky things the answer is "because
that's the way HTML is". The main issue that the contents of a
<script> or <style> have different semantics than the contents of any
other elment. We must not html entity escape the contents of a
<script> or <style> element. As an example the contents of:

<script>&amp;</script>

are very different (in HTML only).

Also note that there are two different classes for <script>,
WAScriptTag and WAScriptElement. One for tags inside <head> and the
other for tags inside <body>.

Cheers
Philippe