[Seaside] OSCON "contest"

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Thu Jul 24 14:38:26 UTC 2008

I'd like to thank all of you for your interest and support as we
prepared for this competition. Now for the report...

Overall I'm disappointed with my performance. 20 minutes is just too
short a time for building even a trivial application using GLASS. The
analogy that comes to mind is this competition (race) was a sprint and
we are much better suited to competing in a marathon. There was a
point a  couple days ago when I told people that we'd do better if we
got a beta copy of Cincom's Web Velocity from James Robertson and used
it for the competition. I think they (Cincom) are doing an excellent
job at aiming at this sort of audience.

James Foster