[Seaside] [scriptaculous] Why my sliders disapear ?

cdrick cdrick65 at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 07:30:44 UTC 2008

2008/7/27 Lukas Renggli <renggli at gmail.com>:
>> > Thanks for the the css too...  but do I put directly div#track[id] in
>> > the css file ?
>>
>> You could use a css class for all such div like e.g. div.handle instead of
>> directly referencing the Ids.
>
> Yeah, generally it is better to use CSS classes for styling and use
> ids for JavaScript programming only. Otherwise you run into
> unnecessary complications.

There's something I have not understood. I agree on what you say, but
how to separate css from javascript in the case of slider as the track
and the handle are css div's.
I've tried using a class instead of an id but if I remember well I had
only one slider aworking and not the others. Maybe I did it wrong, is
it what your suggest ? Actually, I "reused" the scriptaculous example,
using id  handle1 handle2, ....

I have another question, CSS related, when you have such succession of
div's or whatever (div#name1 div#name2, ...). Is it possible to
declare in one line (in the CSS file)

div#name[] {
}

Thanks,