[Seaside] [scriptaculous] Why my sliders disapear ?

Steve Aldred aldreds at velocitynet.com.au
Mon Jul 28 12:49:37 UTC 2008

cdrick wrote:
> Ok thanks for the clarification Lukas ;)
>
> In scriptaculous example, the style is defined on id's. Do you think
> it should be also in a class ?

The autocomplete example was using styles on ids. It is a good example
as to why you generally shouldn't do it. The way the code was written
you would get two objects with the same id. If you look at that with
Firebug you only see one object - that's because by definition ids are
supposed to be unique across a document.

There are occasions when styling ids is useful but the majority of
styling applies to all instances/occurences  of a thing. Id styling is
normally to highlight 'this' particular instance is different.

hth
Steve