[Seaside] Page with entry fields in a form and anchors

James Foster Smalltalk at JGFoster.net
Wed Jul 30 14:12:38 UTC 2008

Say I have a page that has entry fields in a form (with a submit
button) but also on the page is one or more anchors. The anchors are
not really intended to abandon the page, but just to update the
display in some way (like the column names in a WATableReport that
sort the rows) or do a call/answer to collect some more data for the
current page. The problem is that if the user clicks on a link the
data is the form is not processed. I understand why it works this way,
but from a usability point of view it is unexpected. Is there some way
(JavaScript?) of setting some trigger to trap navigation away from the
page check for any modified fields and take some action (like an auto-
submit or a confirm dialog)?

James Foster