[Seaside] Re: Ideas worth stealing

Keith Hodges keith_hodges at yahoo.co.uk
Tue Jun 3 20:11:09 UTC 2008

Philippe Marschall wrote:

>> Tim> I am a bit new to Sqeuak, and I guess there is Squeak Map? Or Monticello
>> Tim> repositories but then its not clear to me how I can find all the Seaside
>> Tim> specific items and how they help me? Maybe just a page with a description
>> Tim> on how to use those other tools might act as a good starting point?

Another option is to load Sake/Packages

Installer install: 'Packages'.

Then you could perform a search for all packages which depend upon Seaside.

>> Search "seaside" at www.squeaksource.com under "projects" for some interesting
>> things, but I'm sure that's not all of them.
>>
>> Although, wow, it *is* up to five pages.  Darn.  I guess I know what I'm doing
>> today.
>>

> For those so eager to do something. This would be an example of what
> you could do, make such a list and write it down.
>
> Cheers
> Philippe

Better still

If someone was willing to maintain the Sake/Packages definitions for as
many Seaside add-ons as possible, then we can build up the portfolio and
automatically generate a catalog from the descriptions.

cheers

Keith
=======
Auto generated from Sake/Packages:

=======
Pier-Google
Integration of Google services into Pier.
=======
Pier-Documents
Provide additional documents on a praticular structure, for example to
add a side-bar. Custom documents can inherit from the parent and/or
provide a default document.
=======
PlotKit
Seaside goodies. Includes different charts libraries and other cool
stuff for seaside applications. SeaChart components are standard Seaside
components that you can embed into your Seaside application.

Seaside bindings for PlotKit (http://www.liquidx.net/plotkit). PlotKit
is a Chart and Graph Plotting Library for Javascript.
=======
Pier-TagCloud
Pier tag cloud plugin.
=======
Magma Seaside-alpha
Greatly enhanced

- control panel for magma
- shared sessions
- support for detailed logging

=======
Pier-Jetsam-Environment
Provides centralized initialization and control of whole pier
layout/style policies for the root frame component.
=======
Scriptaculous
High-level Javascript bindings for the Seaside web application
framework. This package includes PrototypeJS
(http://www.prototypejs.org) and script.aculo.us (http://script.aculo.us).
=======
Pier-Blog
Pier blog plugin.
=======
Pier-Shout
Pier Smalltalk syntax highlighting plugin.
=======
ShoreComponents
A set of useful components for Seaside.

Shore Components project is a library of building blocks for Seaside.
Currently it contains only few of them, but we hope that the project
can serve as the meeting point for those people asking in mailing
lists for such a library again and again.

Anybody who has an interesting reusable component for Seaside and is
willing to share it with community is strongly encouraged to do so.
=======
Pier-Math
Pier LaTeX math mode plugin.
=======
Pier-Magma
Extension to pier providing Magma persistence
=======
jQuery-Flot
jQuery Javascript library, an alternative to prototype, for use with
Seaside, uses jQuery framework
=======
Magma Seaside
Provides Seaside applications a suggested interface to a Magma
repository, and a supplemental panel in Seaside''s Configuration utility
to point the application to any local or remote Magma repository.

Each Seaside session will create its own connection to the Magma
repository, known as a MagmaSession. Note WAMagmaSession extends
WASession to manage the allocation of this MagmaSession and its closure
when the Seaside session is finalized.

See the website for more information
=======
Seaside28Jetsam-Useful-CSS
Class for constructing css
=======
SqueakSource
SqueakSource is a web based repository for Monticello.
=======
TinyWiki
TinyWiki is a tiny wiki implementation based on the model of SmallWiki.
=======
RSRSS2
RSS 2.0 feed creation with Seaside canvas API.
=======
Seaside28Jetsam-Supersleight
Supersleight library for transparent ng support in IE6

 http://24ways.org/2007/supersleight-transparent-png-in-ie6
=======
Pier-Seaside
Pier bindings for Seaside.
=======
Comet
High-level Comet bindings for the Seaside web application framework.
=======
NiftyCorners
NiftyCornersCube Javascript library for use with Seaside
=======
Seaside28Jetsam
Patches to the base seaside

The version number indicates the version of seaside this is synced with.
=======
Magritte-Seaside
Magritte bindings for Seaside.
=======
Pier-LightBox
Pier lightbox plugin.
=======
Seaside-AXAnnouncementsMenu
A small example using announcements to implement a simple menu in seaside.
=======
Seaside28Jetsam-Blueprint
Lukas'' import of the Blueprint Library
=======
Pier-Magma-beta
Extension to pier providing Magma persistence
=======
Pier-Security
Pier Unix security plugin.
=======
Magma seasideHelper
Provides Seaside applications with an interface to a Magma repository.

Includes detailed logging, and many preconfigured MagmaSession policies.

See the website for more information
=======
jQuery
jQuery Javascript library, an alternative to prototype, for use with
Seaside, uses jQuery framework
=======
Squeak web packages
Abstract package that only depends on other packages. This packages are
used to build a squeak distribution for developers.
=======
Pier-Randomizer
Pier randomizer plugin.
=======
Pier
Pier with some common plugins. A good package to get started with Pier
development or deployment.
=======
Pier-Design
Enabled design editing tools in the context of the applied page.
=======
jQuery-CurvyCorners
CurvyCornersCube Javascript library for use with Seaside, uses jQuery
framework
=======
Pier-EditorEnh
Pier editor enhancement plugin.
=======
jQuery-SUExtensions
extensions to Scriptaculous to support jQuery framework (I think?)
=======