[Seaside] Encoding question

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 18:33:38 UTC 2008

2008/6/6 Andres Fortier <andres at lifia.info.unlp.edu.ar>:
> [snip]
>>
>> If your image encoding is Unicode then browser your send 0xC3 0xA9 as
>> well and in your image you should have:
>>
>> String with: (Character value: 16rE9)
>>
>> This should be sent as 0xC3 0xA9  to the browser.
>
> That's what I supposed too, but it seems something is getting lost
> somewhere.

I can tell you where it should happen. When the String is written to
the WAResponse instance the stream instance variable should be an
EncodedStream that does the encoding. Some time later someone should
send #contents to the WAResponse instance it should return the encoded
string.

But that solves only the part for the response and not for the request.

Cheers
Philippe