[Seaside] Using the EditArea Javascript library

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sun Jun 8 00:42:03 UTC 2008

Carl,

	if so, then you can't evade to figure out how to use the Seaside
Scriptaculous way to serialize objects to javascript. Start understanding that
part.

	The Scriptaculous package which cames with Seaside does more than
allowing you to access Scriptaculous features. As side note that's why I insist
it was a poor naming. In fact it is a way to make smalltalk objects serializable
to javascript. So that package does that *and* has mapped access to Prototye and
Scriptaculous javascript libraries. But you can use it for any piece of
javascript.

	We are using it to map jQuery library and some plugins for it which are
extensions already in use. You can take a look to them to have an idea. They are
at squeaksource jQuery project.

Cheers,

Sebastian Sastre