[Seaside] SeasideXUL - how to render parent component after clicking on Search Button

Milan Zimmermann milan.zimmermann at sympatico.ca
Mon Jun 9 23:45:43 UTC 2008

Hi,

I have a SearchResultComponent with children SearchComponent and
ResultComponent.  The SearchComponent has a menu with a "Search" button. Upon
clicking  the "Search" button, the Results Component is populated with data
(..... below). After the search is performed, I am trying to make the
parentResultComponent (or the whole parentSearchResultComponent) to render,
for the found data to be shown.

I tried to use the code below (please see xml ajax callback etc) and many
variations, but  the render (and display of data) of the ResultComponent
never happens. (BTW, I know it works, because when I click toggle hallos the
render  happens and the ResultComponent shows the data resulting from Search.

Any hints what I need to do to achieve displaying the results in the
ResultComponent. ? I thought the "xml render: parentSearchResultComp." or
alternative would do, but anything I tried failed.

  - Thanks!

SearchComponent >>renderContentOn: xml
.......wrapper code ....
	xml toolBarButton
		type: 'radio';
		label: eachMenuItemWithAction getItemName; "Search"
		name: eachMenuItemWithAction getItemName;
		onCommand:
			(xml ajax callback: [
				"This will populate ResultComponent with Data"
				eachMenuItemWithAction getActionBlock value.
				"Code below does not seem to have any rendering effect on the
parentSearchResultComp or ResultComponent!!!"
				xml render: parentSearchResultComp.
			).
... more code...