[Seaside] Re: Confused over the use of WAExternalFileLibrary...

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Tue Jun 17 10:52:04 UTC 2008

Randal L. Schwartz wrote:

> Lukas> In the development branch of Seaside 2.9 there is an official package
> Lukas> classed Seaside-FileSystem that serves external files. It has a
> Lukas> configuration interface like a normal Seaside applications, allows one
> Lukas> to enable/disable file-listing for directories and to specify the
> Lukas> base-path on your local harddisk. It severs also sub-directories of
> Lukas> the specified base-path.
>
> Sorry for not looking, but between this and being able to set the
> default path to /, does that that mean we could (inefficiently) have
> Seaside serve the entire URL space now?  If so, that would be good
> for very lightweight or demo sites, not needing to get Apache in place.

You could always set the default path to / in Seaside. We do that by
default in WebVelocity.

I'm really glad to see Seaside-FileSystem in Seaside 2.9.

Randal: Inefficient? That's a random stretch, if you're using
Opentalk-HTTP then it's not going to be particularly inefficient and
it's a wild call to assume that Komanche and Swazoo would be slow
without trying it out.

Cheers,
Michael