[Seaside] Problem encoding diacritial characters?

Hernán Morales hernan.morales at gmail.com
Wed Jun 25 04:24:36 UTC 2008

Hello. I don't know if this is a bug, that's why I'm asking here first. I'm
running this configuration:

Squeak.exe (30/08/2007)
Squeak3.9-final-7067 (Fresh image from Squeak.org)
Package name: DynamicBindings version: 1.21
Package name: KomServices version: 1.1.3.1
Package name: KomHttpServer version: 7.0.5
Seaside2.8a1-lr.563

WAKomEncoded39 startOn: 9090.
(Testing with Mozilla 2.0.0.14 and Opera 9.02)

Then opened the Functional Test Suite. Inside the Text Input control I've
written: "química" (note the diacritical character $í), clicked the Send
query button, and both the text input and print string shows 'química'
instead of 'química'.
Is this the expected behavior? Should I set something else so the browser
shows exactly what the user typed?

Thanks.

Hernán