[Seaside] [Q] Could SproutCore be another solution for Seaside?

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Wed Jun 25 17:46:19 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Dmitry" == Dmitry Dorofeev <dima-sender-3c337a at yasp.com> writes:

Dmitry> We considered once again releasing under straight LGPL but it was not
Dmitry> an option as a business. We tried that with version 1.0 and found out
Dmitry> quickly that it enabled others (e.g. large commercial entities) to
Dmitry> take our work, wrap it up and sell it as their own. With no mention of
Dmitry> us at all. We, as a business with a full time team of talented
Dmitry> developers, can not exist under those circumstances. We would quickly
Dmitry> become diluted and competing with ourselves.

Oddly enough, if all they wanted was credit, a BSD license with
an advertising clause would have in fact done precisely that.

Oh, the confusion!