[Seaside] assistance developing plugin for developing Facebook applications in Seaside

Chris Dawson xrdawson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 00:07:35 UTC 2008

Randal,

I'm finally getting back to writing this code.  If I understand correctly
initialRequest is called only when a new session is created.  I think this
will give me the proper data so that I can retrieve the information I need
from Facebook, but I'd like to implement something that is called on every
request and not only when a new session is created.  The reason for this is
that if a request comes in that has the proper Facebook proxy parameters,
and then some action occurs and the next request looks like a valid Seaside
session but the Facebook proxy parameters are not correct, I'd like the app
to barf before it does any processing.  It is probably unlikely that
communication between the Facebook proxy and my app will be compromised but
I doubt Seaside session urls use some kind of cryptographically secure
mechanism to prevent spoofing so I'd rather be safe than sorry.  Any idea
how I could install a handler in between every request to verify the
Facebook proxy parameters?  I suppose I'd also like advice on what is the
"Seaside way" to barf when I see a failure.

Chris