[Seaside] [ANN] New Issue Tracker

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Sun Mar 2 17:28:23 UTC 2008

Dear Seaside users and developers,

we setup a new issue tracker for Seaside and some of its closely
related projects such as Scriptaculous, Comet, RSS2, ...

    http://code.google.com/p/seaside/

We decided to move away from the Squeak Mantis system, because it
caused more troubles than it helped. Mantis is lacking important
features such as milestones, platform categories, sub-categories, and
direct linking of the report form. Also it was difficult to add new
people that can administrate the issues, as we do not have control
over the server. The issue tracker is currently configured to send
change notifications to the seaside-dev mailing-list (the developer
list). This ensures that all developers get notified about bugs, not
just a few of us.

We (manually) moved all the open issues from Mantis to the new issue
tracker. If you had pending issues on Mantis, please check that they
are correctly transfered. If you have new issues don't submit them to
Mantis anymore, but use the new system. If you don't have a Google
account (and don't want one) it is fine to submit the bug to one of
the Seaside mailing-lists, so that we can add it ourselves.

If you would like to be added as a project member (in order to close
bugs), please send a mail to seaside-dev. We currently don't use the
wiki and the download tabs. However, we will use the source repository
to manage Seaside related resources, such as the logos. The code
repository remains on www.squeaksource.com of course.

We hope that this move will make reporting and managing issues easier
for everybody. Let the bug reports flow.

Cheers,
Seaside Developer Team

--
Lukas Renggli