[Seaside] Design of WAComponent(s)

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Wed Mar 5 20:24:48 UTC 2008

2008/3/5, Andreas Tönne <atoenne at cincom.com>:

I think the main point to understand here is that the components that
come with Seaside are not a component library or even a component
framework. They are simple stand alone components. They are not made
with reusabilty, configurabitlity or customyzability in mind. They are
focused on KISS and "getting the job done" and mostly for use Seaside
itself. They will get you started fast but at one point sooner rather
than later you will hit their limits. That's ok, they're not supposed
to be the "be all, end all".

The points you made IMHO apply only if you want to build a component
library or even component framework. That should be an addon protect
and has no place in Seaside-Core. Honestly I have my doubts if such a
such thing could ever work given the very special needs of users
concerning not only functionality but also mark up.

Cheers
Philippe