[Seaside] WAResponce, XML response and BOM

Philippe Marschall philippe.marschall at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 06:01:06 UTC 2008

2008/3/6, Ron Teitelbaum <Ron at usmedrec.com>:
> Hi Petr,
>
>  The string can not be sent over http, the change is due to
>  String>>encodeForHTTP

That doesn't make any sense. #encodeForHTTP is for urls, certainly not
for the body of the response. Seaside has it's own implementation of
#encodeForHTTP so there shouldn't even be any senders of it. I rather
looks like you are using an "encoded" server adapter who is unaware of
the BOM and tries to encode the BOM into utf-8. Doing the BOM by hand
you most certainly do not want an "encoded" server adapter.

Cheers
Philippe