[Seaside] Design of WAComponent(s)

Ramon Leon ramon.leon at allresnet.com
Thu Mar 6 18:25:07 UTC 2008

> You mean the point is Seaside must apply as a Vi kind of
> tool?

No, Vi was just an example.  My point is it's a false assumption that every
program *must* be friendly to newbs to be successful or worth using.

Not that Seaside is that difficult, but the goal shouldn't be trying to hand
hold people who don't know anything about web development, Javascript, or
Ajax and try and make web developers out of them.  The goal is a better web
framework for *web developers*.  If you don't know much about web
development, you've got things you need to learn before you pick up Seaside.

> > core framework.  It'd be great to have a wide variety of component
> > options, no one disputes that, they just don't belong in the core
> > framework.
> >
> This very important. None is questioning what the core of
> Seaside has to be made of. I'm happy with the taken path for
> 2.9. In any case Seaside must care for the interest of the
> better preserve and mature the good platform it is.
> The things we create *on* it are just talking about the
> richness it provides.
> Something good can grow from it beacouse is a solid fundation.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Sebastian

And that's the main point, Seaside is the foundation, it's not supposed to
be the ultimate component library nor should it try to be, that's not what
frameworks are for.  Frameworks serve as the foundation of such libraries.

Ramon Leon
http://onsmalltalk.com