[Seaside] Design of WAComponent(s)

Lukas Renggli renggli at gmail.com
Thu Mar 6 20:52:23 UTC 2008

>  For example, I'm looking at building up an entire library of Yahoo UI widgets
>  (see http://developer.yahoo.com/yui/) and integrate them closely with Seaside.
>  But it'll be a bolt-on "aftermarket" library.  I don't expect it to be
>  included in the Seaside core.

Something like this can certainly be an "official" package, however
the goal of Seaside 2.9 is make its core as small (but still useful)
as possible. This core won't include any JavaScript functionality,
probably not even #call:/#answer: semantics. The will be easily
loadable as needed. Ready-made images will come with a decent
selection of commonly used packages, exactly as they do today.

Lukas

--
Lukas Renggli
http://www.lukas-renggli.ch