[Seaside] Stop event for parents, not local callback

Sebastian Sastre ssastre at seaswork.com
Sat Mar 8 17:14:58 UTC 2008

Hi there,

	simplifying the real example, I have an anchor A inside a div. This div
is child of its parent container B (also a div with some other children).

	I've hooked #click event in the B container (it makes a request to
remember state and some effect which affects all those children).

	Right now when A is clicked it does its own full render and callback.
But also B is getting the click event and reacting whith its own click hook,
which is not desired to happen. That’s because of event bubling and Prototype's
Event.stop() is supposed to help in such cases.

	The problem is, so my question, how can stop bubbling of the click event
of the anchor (so the parents wont see it) and at the same time do not kill the
anchor's full render callback action?

	Anchors seems to need bubbling to make their actions?
	Exists a way to use onClick: and have the same effect of a "traditional"
Seaside anchor callback with full render?

	thanks,

Sebastian Sastre