[Seaside] Seaside updater

Richard K Eng richard.eng at rogers.com
Sat Mar 8 18:06:39 UTC 2008

I looked at the SUFormTest code. It took me into the guts of WARenderCanvas
and WARenderContext where I got totally lost. All this stuff about 'context'
and 'nextKey' and so on is so convoluted. For anyone but a Seaside expert,
this would be unfathomably difficult to use without clear documentation and
simple examples.

A few HowTo's at seaside.st would be very helpful for the rest of us... How
To use #updater, for example (since #updater is a major aspect of Seaside
programming).

Thanks,
Richard

Lukas wrote:

>  Ultimately, what I want is for #onClick: to use whatever value is
> selected
>  by the form control, whether the control is a checkbox or radio button or
>  dropdown menu. This *has* to be doable, so the question is:  HOW???

Please, read the comment in SUAjax of #triggerForm: and
#triggerFormElement:.

Also check out the example in SUFormTest.