[Seaside] Component tree vs. DOM tree

itsme213 itsme213 at hotmail.com
Mon Mar 10 17:48:10 UTC 2008

Seaside currently keeps a server-side component tree. Each component will
typically render a sub-tree of the browser-side DOM tree.

What would be the disadvantage of maintaining a unified server-side DOM
tree, where some (but not all) nodes would correspond to full-blown Seaside
components? I think Michael Lucas-Smith had mentioned this

"you tend to want only one tree to represent your UI state on the server,
not two - instead of having WAComponent and WABrush separated, we combined
the two so that each widget was an element which was also represented on the
client side as a DOM node."

Thanks - Sophie