[Seaside] Component tree vs. DOM tree

Michael Lucas-Smith mlucas-smith at cincom.com
Tue Mar 11 14:34:11 UTC 2008

Sebastian Sastre wrote:
> Michael,
>
> 	thanks a lot for posting your experience so clearly. It makes me think
> about valuable things on this regard.
>
> 	I'm curious about the back button alternative solution you mention. Did
> you still provide the user of the back button feature with that approach?

Yes. There are a couple of ways you can use javascript to simulate the
URL changing on a page, so long as you don't change the domain. Doing so
puts the old URL in to the browse history, so the back button becomes
live and the 'current' page has the URL you wanted it to have.

There's details on the techniques at ajax at
http://ajaxpatterns.org/Unique_URLs

Cheers,
Michael