[Seaside] Difference WAStaticHtmlCanvas >< WAHtmlCanvas

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Tue Mar 11 22:45:51 UTC 2008

I am still in the process of trying to understand how Seaside works, so
please bear with me :)

I am gathering notes for myself and possible a former colleague or two,
so I am intruiged about really understanding what is going on.

Today I had a look at The WACanvas hierarchy, but I do not understand
the difference between WAStaticHtmlCanvas and WAHtmlCanvas.

What is meant by "This canvas can be used to generate static/RESTful
HTML pages." if WAHtmlCanvas also knows about HTML, hence static things?

WARenderCanvas is the class where all the callback items are being
stored, so the difference between that and the other two is clear.

If somebody could be so kind as to shed some light on this (probably
unimportant question)?

Cheers,

Claus