[Seaside] Difference WAStaticHtmlCanvas >< WAHtmlCanvas

Claus Kick claus_kick at web.de
Wed Mar 12 17:45:31 UTC 2008

Ramon Leon wrote:

>>Today I had a look at The WACanvas hierarchy, but I do not
>>understand the difference between WAStaticHtmlCanvas and WAHtmlCanvas.

> Look closer, WAHtmlCanvas is an abstract class, #document must be overridden
> by subclasses.

Ok, missed that. I think I read the arrow-down symbol as arrow-up.

> They are mostly the same thing, WAStaticHtmlCanvas is just a
> concrete implementation for it.

One thing to mention there: the class comments should reflect that then.

 > If WAStaticHtmlCanvas didn't exist and you
> used WAHtmlCanvas directly, you'd have the WARenderCanvas inheriting from an
> implementation class.

My understanding was: WAHtmlCanvas provides the basic tags and
WARenderCanvas adds the callback items.

 > With the current implementation, WAStaticHtmlCanvas
> is free to grow without messing up WARenderCanvas, it's cleaner the way it
> is, one abstract class with two concrete implementations.

I agree, it is cleaner that way.

> I'm looking at 2.8 btw, it may have changed in 2.9.  It does look like
> #textArea needs pushed up, it's the same in both subclasses.

I was wondering about that as well, but forgot to ask about it.  Doesnt
it need actually to be deleted in WAStaticHtmlCanvas? The other input
elements are all in WARenderCanvas.

Cheers,
Claus