[Seaside] object databases and other questions of architecture

Randal L. Schwartz merlyn at stonehenge.com
Thu Mar 27 15:07:30 UTC 2008

>>>>> "Victor" == Victor  <vmgoldberg at verizon.net> writes:

Victor> If you are ready to jump into the commercial space, I would suggest to
Victor> get a taste of Gemstone.  They have a non-commercial version, so you
Victor> can play a little.  However there is some learning curve there.

The "non-commercial" Gemstone/S version is now a free *unrestricted* version
with a few technical limitations.  So yes, you could set up your e-commerce
site on a rackmount box, and use Gemstone for free for up to essentially 100
dynamic hits per second (whatever a single CPU can spit out).  Plenty enough
to make money to get to their $7000/year second-tier program.  And that's what
they're hoping.

Details at seaside.gemstone.com.

Disclaimer: I'm working with them on various levels.