[Seaside] The Weekly Squeak Summary No. 17: Jan 13 - Mar 22, 2008

Ron Teitelbaum Ron at USMedRec.com
Fri Mar 28 07:12:48 UTC 2008

I certainly understand your point and I guess I would agree more if any of
these potential abusive posters actually had something to post.  We have had
updates from Cincom and Gemstone on this list.  We had a nice debate
somewhere about Dolphin (might have been squeak-dev) We even have had
updates from sun about Lively Kernel.  There were no abusive posts.

I appreciate your comments about the weekly squeak, but your response just
doesn't hold up in my mind.  This is not a large community that needs strict
policing.  I don't think our posts were excessive, nor do I think it is
setting a precedent for others to abuse the list.

I like posting to the seaside list because it might help draw someone that
learned about seaside into the larger Squeak Community.  I think it helps
make a more friendly environment and brings us all together as a larger
family of communities.  I like writing about all the communities even
outside ones like Strongtalk, or Ian's Reinventing Computing, or Gilad's
Newspeak, because these are the things that interest our communities.  I
don't think what we have been doing is just fluff.

I really do feel like you place too little emphasis on our promotion of
Seaside.  I think you undervalue the benefit the content we produce brings
to your community.  I would think you would appreciate our efforts.

Ron