[Seaside] The Weekly Squeak Summary No. 17: Jan 13 - Mar 22, 2008

Miguel Cobá m.coba.m at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 15:29:18 UTC 2008

I know that Seaside is used not just on Squeak but on VW, Gemstone and GNU
ST, that is not the point.
That is the reason I wrote "an" entry point to smalltalk in "general" and
squeak in "particular".
Now, I don't want to start a flamewar here but my *personal* opinion is that
a lot of interesting projects are based in squeak (squeak, olpc, spoon, etc)
and therefore it's important to inform people about this kind of projects
that aren't found in other environments.
Besides, squeak and other projects are community supported, so lacking funds
to promote them commercialy (as VW can) the obious way to promote them is by
mailing lists AND by word of mouth.
I don't think that this weekly new is taking a side with Squeak, but trying
to show all the options, technologies, and event of interest that happens in
the smalltalk world (name it Squeak, VW, Gemstone/S, GNU ST, etc)
This kind of attitude towards *external* information doesn't help to grow
our (in comparison) small community. We need to grow it and the more
friendly we are, the better for us in the long time.

Miguel Cobá